VolunteeringYou can read about our current volunteers and what it's like to volunteer with us by clicking here.
To apply to volunteer at 38 Degrees please fill in the form at the bottom of this page.
Volunteering in 38 Degrees office
This is a great opportunity to get first-hand experience of cutting-edge online campaigning techniques in an organisation with more than a million members.
38 Degrees is a young and dynamic organisation. You will get involved in all areas of 38 Degrees work, getting hands on experience in innovative campaigning techniques and delivering real pieces of work. Based in Farringdon, central London, you will work as part of a small, friendly team of campaigners and volunteers.
Working hours are flexible but you would ideally volunteer for three days a week for three months. 38 Degrees will pay travel and lunch expenses of up to a total of £15 a day.
The role will be quite varied but some tasks involved could be:
- Helping to improve and maintain the website
- Writing blog posts and campaign emails
- Researching and planning campaigns
- Researching policy issues as required
- Attending meetings with external organisations
- Communicating with members via social media, email and telephone
- Horizon scanning for possible future campaigns
- Analysing campaign data
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Good research and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team and deliver tasks to time and to a high standard
Inevitably, some tasks are more exciting than others, but there's very little filing and we all make our own tea! We'll give you interesting tasks and teach you new skills, if you bring energy and enthusiasm and deliver good work for us.
Fill in the form below to tell us about yourself and how you might be able to help now or in the future. Thanks!