- The government savings from these changes amounts to a mere £25m from a total legal aid budget of over £2bn
- The government are making sweeping changes to welfare reform. That means that in the next few years even more people will need expert advice to ensure they get the benefits the law says they are entitled to
- Legal aid helps improve the accuracy of welfare benefit decisions, thus supporting the government’s aim of ensuring welfare benefit reaches the right people
- Around 135,000 people use legal aid for welfare benefit cases every year and 58% of these are disabled people
- 38% of successful appeals for Disability Living Allowance, for example, are to people receiving legal aid, showing how many people will miss out if legal aid is removed
Personalise your message however you like.
All fields must be completed unless marked "optional."